When people think of Egypt, they often picture vast sandy dunes, iconic pyramids, and a rich history marked by famous Pharaohs. They seldom envision a country at the forefront of technology, and companies rarely think of outsourcing projects to Egyptian developers. However, this is a missed opportunity. The Egyptian government is implementing a number of investments, capacity-building and training programs, digital government services reforms, and infrastructure improvements as part of its ICT 2030 agenda. This implies that there will be a growing demand for skilled developers and architects, with a significant rise in the number of young, passionate tech enthusiasts. Keep reading to learn more about Egyptian software developers, what technologies they are proficient in, as well as some reasons why Egypt might be a great fit for your project.
Facts About The Growing Tech Ecosystem in Egypt
- With an annual growth rate of 102.22% from July 2018 to December 2022 and an astounding $8.3 billion in ecosystem value produced, Egypt’s innovation sector has shown remarkable progress.
- According to the resource, there are currently about 125,270 software developers in Egypt.
- More than 90% of engineers have intermediate or above English language proficiency.
- The government is currently concentrating on advancing the country’s digital transformation and moving toward a digital economy, which presents prospects for ICT businesses.
Egyptian Developers’ Tech Stack
Egyptian developers are proficient in a wide range of technologies and programming languages, making them versatile and adaptable for various software development projects. Commonly used tech stacks among Egyptian developers include:
- Back-End Development. In back-end development, Egyptian developers often work with technologies like Node.js, Python (with Django or Flask), Ruby (on Rails), and PHP. These frameworks enable them to create robust server-side applications and APIs.
- Mobile App Development. For mobile app development, Egyptian developers are proficient in both iOS and Android platforms. They use technologies like Swift and Objective-C for iOS and Java and Kotlin for Android. Cross-platform frameworks like Flutter and React Native are also gaining popularity.
- Database Management. Egyptian developers are skilled in database management systems such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, and NoSQL databases. They can design and manage complex databases to support applications’ data needs.
- Cloud Computing. With the increasing adoption of cloud computing, Egyptian developers are familiar with cloud platforms like AWS, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud Platform. They can deploy and manage applications in cloud environments for scalability and reliability.
- DevOps and CI/CD. Egyptian developers often incorporate DevOps practices into their workflow. They use Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, and GitLab CI/CD pipelines to automate development, testing, and deployment processes.
- Cybersecurity. Given the importance of security, Egyptian developers have expertise in various cybersecurity tools and practices. They ensure the safety of applications through encryption, vulnerability assessments, and security best practices.
- AI and Machine Learning. With the growth of AI and machine learning, Egyptian developers are increasingly venturing into this field. They use libraries like TensorFlow and PyTorch to develop AI-powered applications and machine-learning models.
Benefits of Outsourcing Software Developers in Egypt
Outsourcing software development in Egypt offers numerous benefits for businesses seeking cost-effective, high-quality solutions. The country boasts a growing pool of skilled developers, nurtured by a robust educational system and specialized tech programs. Egyptian developers are proficient in various programming languages and technologies, making them well-equipped to handle diverse projects. What’s particularly attractive is the cost advantage; outsourcing to Egypt often proves more economical compared to Western countries, without compromising on quality. For instance, companies like AcmeTech have successfully outsourced their software development to Egypt, reducing operational expenses while achieving exceptional results. Moreover, Egypt’s strategic location in a favorable time zone allows for efficient communication and project coordination with teams worldwide. These factors, coupled with government support for the tech industry, make Egypt an increasingly attractive destination for outsourcing software development projects in 2023.
Challenges of Outsourcing Software Developers in Egypt
While outsourcing software development to Egypt presents various advantages, it’s essential to consider the challenges as well. Communication can sometimes be a hurdle due to language differences and varying working hours, especially when collaborating with teams in distant time zones. Additionally, Egypt has its regulatory complexities and business practices, which may require some adjustment for foreign companies. Cybersecurity concerns can also be prevalent, as with outsourcing to any location, emphasizing the need for robust data protection measures. However, many of these challenges can be mitigated through proper project management, clear communication protocols, and partnering with experienced outsourcing firms with a strong local presence.
Predictions for the Future
In the future of Egyptian software development, we anticipate sustained growth, with cities like Cairo and Alexandria becoming tech hubs. For instance, Cairo’s GrEEK Campus has already fostered collaboration among startups and incubators. Government support through initiatives like the Technology Innovation and Entrepreneurship Center (TIEC) will create a favorable environment. Lastly, improved technology infrastructure, including fiber-optic networks by Telecom Egypt, will empower Egyptian developers for seamless global collaboration.
Considering everything mentioned earlier, Egyptian software developers may be a cost-efficient alternative for businesses seeking high-quality solutions at moderate prices. Although the country’s digital transformation still has a long way to go, one thing is certain: the location has a lot to offer when it comes to skilled and passionate tech experts. The government is taking measures to help the country’s tech sector grow and prosper. If you have any questions, make sure to contact NearhshoreFriends, and we will help you find best-in-class experts specifically for your business needs.