Senior Node.js/React Developer
You will work on Germany’s leading comparison portal, where you can compare prices and purchase products/services such as electronics, travel, utilities, and insurance. Our client is looking for support in provisional insurance, an online broker for insurance coverages to support you in case of incapacity to work.
Their product and tech stack are loosely coupled to the rest of the 4-digit employee company, so they have a great deal of autonomy and flexibility to run things our way.
ABOUT THE CLIENT:
While our client webpage is in German, they are a small international team with English as our language of communication.
Using Agile/Lean/Kanban methodologies, they build it with love, run it, break it, fix it, Kaizen it: write quality code that gets deployed to production ASAP. But hold your horses. First, it’s blessed by our QAs and Product Managers, code-reviewed by our Full Stack Engineers, and built on the CI/CD pipeline.
Our client is looking forward to your application as Senior Web Developer.
Tech stack: K8s, 80+ microservices architecture, Ansible, MongoDB, Node.js, NSQ, Next.js, React, MobX, Atlassian-all-the-things.
- Keep the external and internal users happy.
- Get involved in pretty much everything while creating and improving features end-to-end: DevOps, CI/CD improvements, database schemas, and queries, Backend and frontend JS, CSS.
- Refactor code, pay back technical debt, identify and squash bugs, and write tests.
- Work on very exciting and very boring tasks, both with and without deadlines.
- Receive and provide feedback in Code Reviews, juggling concerns like robustness, maintainability, development speed, performance, security, and architecture.
- Support our Product Management team in designing complex features.
- Grow your skills, share your knowledge with our team and beyond.
- Participate in meetings of agile processes and technical nature, no more than 10-15% of your time.
- You have at least 3 years of professional engineering experience.
- You like maintainable, unit-tested code.
- Have high stamina when facing challenges.
- You are fluent in English.
- And you use your language skills for collaboration and communication reasons.
- You are flexible enough to integrate into a team with existing methodologies, codebase, and mascot.
WOULD BE A PLUS:
German language knowledge.
- Salary: Attractive salary package, vouchers for numerous products, subsidized company bicycle leasing, and a corporate-subsidized pension scheme.
- For your work-life balance, our client offers you home office/mobile working (3 days in the office, 2 days flexible)
- So that you feel comfortable, they support you and finance a German course (German Level C1).
- “Work From Anywhere”: Up to 4 weeks of mobile working from abroad possible.
- Start-Up Flair: Security of an established online company with start-up flair – we plan for the long term and at the same time you have the opportunity to actively contribute to the insurance sector. Flat hierarchies, demanding, challenging, and varied tasks with creative freedom as well as direct communication channels to the management are a matter of course.
- Our client will equip you: Workplace with a performant MacBook Pro. Do you want individual equipment like an ergonomic mouse or noise-canceling headphones? No problem!
- The environment in which you feel comfortable: A relaxed working environment, informal get-togethers, regular drink-outs, cool team events.
- Further training opportunities: Career development especially developed for IT as well as various IT training programs support you on your career path.
- Your well-being: We provide you with drinks (e.g. Coke / Coke Zero, apple spritzer, Bionade or Spezi) as well as various food offers (muesli, lunch 2x a week, fruits)
- Excellent transport connections: the office is centrally located with excellent transport connections and we also subsidize your Deutschland-Job-Ticket.