Java Software Engineer
Our client is the leading German comparison platform with 15 million customers and over 40 products. Different bank investments all over Europe with different conditions and requirements. The goal is to compare it all and find the best investment for their customers.
You want to see how the dynamic application process is tailored to the specific bank requirements, how they generically implement banking processes or how they managed to create a highly scalable system? You want to know how many microservices are required to increase and manage your investment portfolio from your couch in 10 minutes without any paperwork? Join our client on a journey in building a competitive comparison platform, the unique place where you compare everything.
ABOUT THE CLIENT:
Our client develops software evolutionarily instead of revolutionary! That is why they have several releases every day, with the goal to offer our customers the best experience at every moment. Using agile methodologies, they promote full ownership of the systems between our teams. They build their platform, run it, break it, and fix it.
Join the team as a Java Software Engineer (m/f/d) and take an active role in building a highly scalable and robust bank integration platform. You will work in a small, international, feature-based team, where you will rely on your skills, experience, and passion for learning to grow and develop our investment platform.
- Design, implement, and continue to develop innovative features for our investment platform
- Integrating our investment platform with various bank service providers
- Improve scalability and robustness of our bank integration platform to support faster bank onboarding and their regular processes
- Strong participation in the design of our system architecture
- Work directly with product managers in an agile work environment
- Full ownership of the systems that you develop
- Ensuring quality in pull requests and coaching others
- Strong knowledge of Java, OOP principles, and design patterns
- You can rely on your experience in building Java Microservice applications preferably with Spring-Boot
- You have experience in building and deploying processes with GIT, Maven/ Gradle, Jenkins as well as Docker
- Open mindset, enthusiastic about new things, have high-level of awareness, and don’t think that your job stops at the moment when you commit your code
- You like to challenge proposed solutions and love to learn from code reviews
- You have good spoken and written knowledge of English
WOULD BE A PLUS:
German language knowledge
- With hundreds of developers, in small agile teams, our client is more than a website
- Modern working: Full-time employees work three days per week together in the office – the other two days flexibly from the office or from home (“remote working”). In addition, you can work flexibly from home or abroad for one week a year.
- Experience and stability: more than 15 years of successes and failures shared across the group in over 15 locations
- Working with customer orientation: each division acts largely independently and unconditionally oriented toward its customers. This means focus and working methods like in a start-up with small teams and without superfluous coordination
- An environment that demands and promotes openness and willingness to learn: You take responsibility for your team right from the start. If your ideas make our products better, we will adopt them. You know a tool that makes us better as a team? Our client will implement it together with you
- Our client will help you get ahead: Together with you, your manager is responsible for your personal development in your daily work. For this purpose, our client offers trainings especially designed for our employees, such as the deepening of your IT skills
- We value your commitment: permanent contracts and attractive compensation with annual bonuses for special successes. Vouchers for numerous products, a subsidized company pension plan up to special conditions in fitness studios and a subsidized MVV ticket
- Food & Drinks: In addition to one free meal per day (breakfast or lunch), our client provides you with fresh fruit from the region and you are also free to help yourself to drinks
- Checkito-Spirit: Our client knows that only excellent teams develop excellent online products. That’s why events to celebrate and network as well as their legendary summer and Christmas parties are part of our daily work routine