Backend TypeScript/Java Developer
Do you share our passion for TV and streaming, movies and series? Do you have great attention to detail and enjoy solving problems with innovative and customer-oriented solutions? If you aspire to deep-dive and thrive in being part of an international company – you may be the new team member we are looking for!
ABOUT THE CLIENT:
Join our well-established German nearshore IT outstaffing enterprise, partnered with one of the foremost TV/streaming distributors in the Nordic and Baltic regions, which has been at the forefront of delivering premier streaming video entertainment and telecommunication products to nearly half of the Nordic population. The commitment to uncompromised quality drives the company to constantly elevate its offerings, with a pivotal focus on enriching video-related metadata.
As a Backend Developer, you will become a linchpin in the relentless pursuit of enhancement, refining data to facilitate an unsurpassed user experience.
- Design and implement ground-breaking software solutions utilizing industry-leading datasets.
- Uphold stringent quality standards in our team, where accountability is key.
- Utilize cutting-edge frameworks and libraries to enhance our products.
- Collaborate in honing our processes to craft the most streamlined, agile development powerhouse.
- Foster a culture of knowledge sharing, including team members outside your cross-functional agile team.
- Engage in initiatives to update and standardize our technical landscape, tools, and frameworks.
- Inject innovative ideas and insights, steering us to maintain a competitive edge in the industry.
- Support your team members and participate in code reviews.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or commensurate experience
- Advanced knowledge of TypeScript and/or Java.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of AWS including but not limited to S3, ECS, SQS, SNS, DynamoDB, Lambda
- Understanding of modern development techniques and methodologies.
- Knowledge of relational databases.
- First experience with integration testing.
- High level of self-organization and responsibility.
- Proficient English communication skills.
WOULD BE A PLUS:
- Familiarity with OpenSearch/ElasticSearch would be a plus.
- Hands-on experience with Apache NiFi would be a plus.
- Experience working with Metadata would be a plus.
- Knowledge of Node.js would be a plus.
- Dynamic, innovative team environment with a flat hierarchy and ample autonomy.
- The chance to shape leading-edge TV and streaming solutions leveraging modern tools and cloud technologies.
- Competitive remuneration and industry-standard benefits (such as medical insurance, vacation days, meal allowance, trainings).
- Flexible working hours and the option for 100% remote or office work.
- Encouraging and collegial work atmosphere.
- Ongoing cross-border knowledge exchange is also supported by international trips.