Country Manager (Ukraine)
It is a cross-platform voice-over IP and instant messaging software application owned by Japanese multinational company, provided as freeware for the Google Android, iOS, Microsoft Windows, Apple macOS, and Linux platforms. Its competitors include messaging apps such as WhatsApp, Telegram, Signal etc.
ABOUT THE CLIENT:
Our client is looking for a Country Manager to contribute to the strategic development and tactical execution of business development, marketing & PR operations in Ukraine. We’re looking for an individual with strong people management skills and a high level of understanding of working on a global team.
Versatility is key, the ideal candidate has proven skills in building relationships with large business partners, government institutions, NGOs, and media, a strong sense of PR and marketing needs, and analytical aptitude in tracking performance in the market. Your ultimate goal is to increase user base and user engagement in the country.
The Country Manager will be leading an agile team of business development, marketing, and PR members based in Ukraine.
- Build and sustain relationships with key stakeholders in the digital and media landscape to push partnership value further in Ukraine and among the Ukrainian diaspora abroad.
- Lead a highly motivated & experienced team of marketers, PR, and business development members. Guide them as a mentor in the industry, and help them with challenges/celebrate successes with them.
- Strategize and oversee partnerships, digital marketing, and PR.
- Initiate the digital marketing strategy, with the end goal of increasing marketing KPIs (new users, increase in MAU/DAU).
- Regularly review data analysis on marketing metrics in the region.
- Keep up to date with market trends and initiatives to ensure that content within our app, and marketing campaigns are relevant and competitive.
- Partner with global peers to replicate successes and opportunities from other regions in Ukraine.
- Be the face of Viber for the country and the diaspora. Participate in panels, conduct interviews, attend conferences, and be a thought leader in the consumer tech industry.
- 8+ years of people management experience.
- 5+ years of digital consumer tech experience.
- 5+ years of business development or sales experience in the region.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in marketing or digital; this can include media planning, social media management, E-commerce, and sales funnels.
- Experience in GR initiatives or technology projects for government institutions is a strong plus.
- Strong analytical skills/ results-driven.
- Knowledge of performance marketing tools/metrics.
- A good understanding of the local fintech ecosystem is a plus.
- University degree in the field of Economics, Marketing, Digital, Software, or a related field.
- Fluent in English (verbal and written).
WOULD BE A PLUS:
- Self-driven and ambitious, willing to challenge the limits.
- Well-organized with high project management skills.
- Good interpersonal skills in relationship management.
- Ability to multi-task and be hands-on on multiple projects at once.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.